Keep Your Machine Running Right with Service
Welcome to our online Service Department page!
Thornton Co. services all brands of machines and we guarantee our work for 90 days.
For selected brands we also offer Extended Service Maintenance Agreements
. You can prepay an annual tune-up for a block of three or five years, and as a bonus you get insurance against major machine failures.
In our Service section you will find out just exactly what a Clean-Oil-Adjustment consists of, and be offered some helpful Troubleshooting Tips.
A COA as we call it for short, consists of cleaning, lubricating, changing the needle, checking the tension and testing your sewing or embroidery machine. It may also consist of the following adjustments if they are needed (installing major parts is not included):
- polish hook, race, and needle/throat plate
- adjust needle bar height
- set needle position and location
- set hook timing and position
- adjust motor belt and timing belt
- tighten loose shafts
- set zigzag swing
- align presser bar
- balance reverse cycle stitches
- calibrate and balance tensions
- (similar service is available for sergers)